Monday, April 13, 2009

Works in progress

It's been an interesting couple of days. Of course, Easter was here so it didn't leave me a whole lot of time to blog. I did keep track of what's been going on with Wes though.

On Saturday, he eliminated twice. Each time was pretty mushy and had a strong odor. On Sunday, he eliminated twice again and this time it was more formed, but still soft. He had had no milk since Thursday. During the chaos of Easter, pizza was ordered. We've given Wes pizza and scraped off the cheese, sauce and any toppings. He seems to be fine as long as there is no dairy in the pizza. Well the pizza that was ordered yesterday contained milk ( I didn't look it up and he was so hungry). So far, he's eliminated and it looked similar to yesterday except maybe slightly more formed. Easily passable though. We'll have to wait and see what the pizza does to him.

His behavior is still very defiant. I talked with the autism teacher on Friday and she seems to think that he's going through the two year old stage that he never went through. He's more aware of choices and his likes and dislikes. It's a good thing, but I still want him to understand that his behavior is not okay and that he needs to use his words to make his choices known instead of tantrums.

In the meantime, we're hanging in there and waiting for vacation next week.

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...