Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed!

I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was most likely a number of reasons. It wasn't until I received an email letting me know a new comment was left that I even remembered I had one! I sat  here reading most of the posts I had written and I was taken back to those dark days.

Wes was three and off to Preschool. Casey was a toddler and my days were filled with so much stress and anxiety. There was still so much of the unknowns and the what-ifs. What if he didn't progress much farther than he already was? What if he couldn't handle school and the extra expectations that came with it? What if he had to live with us the rest of his life?

All that is gone. There is still stress and some anxiety. I won't lie about that. It's been replaced with new anxieties as my sons move up the ladder of life, explore new opportunities, and begin their social circles. Wesley is now 13 and Casey is 11. Both in middle school. MIDDLE SCHOOL?? How did that even happen?

With hard work, determination, and a can do attitude, that's how! Wesley flourished in school. He had an amazing team at his back the whole way. He reached higher than we ever imagined. He participated in so many school activities, including theater! We all worked hard to push him forward and get him to where he is today.

Casey is more amazing than we thought possible. He loves theater, and has entered into the world of sports and girls. Insert wide eye emoji here! He is his brothers biggest supporter and friend. I look back on a post where I questioned whether this would even be possible, and I scoff at my former self. How could I even think that Casey would ever give up on him? It's remarked to Tim and I constantly how wonderful Casey is and how he talks about his brother with such admiration and love. He helps Wesley any and every chance his is needed. I am just so lucky to have the boys that I have.

The boys will be completing their first season of wrestling for the middle school. That's right, my son is a wrestler! Not only that, but he's also a cross country runner and a track and field wonder! He has taken on sports with such gusto and we love that he's included in these activities. Not only that, but he's good! I mean freaking good! Who knew??

As for me, I've changed so much over these 9 years. I started volunteering in the boys classrooms, moved on to substitute teaching and now I'm a para educator in the same preschool my boys attended. The very same one that gave my son the shove forward on his road to greatness! 

I think I'm going to keep up with this blog again, even if no one reads it. I want to keep track of my boys accomplishments because they need to be treasured and it seems these days, writing them down is the only way I remember!

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...