Friday, April 17, 2009

Things are looking good

I know it's still too early to tell, but things are looking real good. So far, even after the last slip up, he has consistently gone once a day. He did not go on Tuesday because he went late Monday night when he was in bed. Like clockwork, he went the next day. His eliminations still seem to be a bit too hard, but I'm not sure. They could be normal for him. All I know is that he's going and he doesn't seem to be having any gas issues or distention in his belly.
Not sure if this is a coincidence, but his speech has improved slightly. His behavior, however, has not. He hit me the other day and I looked him right in the eye and told him that I would not tolerate hitting and he is to keep his hands to himself. I then turned my back on him. Within 20 seconds he said "I'm sorry. Give me a hug big guy!". I was floored. I gave him a big hug, told him that I loved him and gave him a big kiss. Just today, Casey asked to watch something on t.v. so I turned it on for him. Wesley came up to me and said "I don't want to watch this." Again, floored! He's even seeking me out to ask to go upstairs and play in his room. Like I said, not sure if it's a coincidence or maybe it's something more.
It's still a struggle to find things for him to eat. He's more willing to take bites of foods if there is a reward offered. I'm not thrilled with the idea, but if it gets him to eat a more variety of foods, then I guess it's what we have to do...for now..

1 comment:

sweetpeas said...

Your Stick-to-it-tiveness Blows my Mind!!!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...