Thursday, April 9, 2009

Accidents Happen

Wes is in the middle of a constipation cycle. He was given goldfish crackers on Monday and accidentally given cheese on Tuesday. He still isn't eating well on the new foods. I did get him to take a whole EO-28 Splash yesterday so that's good. I took a trip to a natural market in another city and found some cereal bars that are very similar to Nutri-Grain bars that he loved. These are much healthier though. I also found some vegan fake cheddar cheese crackers that I'm hoping to substitute for the goldfish that he's addicted to.

I've been giving him Miralax to help move him along, but we're on day 4 now. I'm dreading when he finally does go because I know it's going to be painful to pass. Yesterday, he was having some gassy cramping. I could tell because his face would scrunch up and then he'd run, hide and sit in the catchers stance until it passed. I feel so bad for him. I wish I could figure this out.

So today, we start fresh. Absolutely no dairy and hopefully that will work. I'm considering starting him on Super Nu-Thera from Kirkman's labs but worried about him getting too much. Maybe we should stop the EO-28 Splash because that's actually a meal substitute. Any advice on that front would be helpful.

Yesterday, Wes had a follow up appointment with the Genetics counselor and he noticed these pimple like things on his chest and his neck. He thought they were something called Molluscum Contagiosum. So off to the pediatrician to double check and sure enough, that's what he has. What else can this child possibly go through! If you've never heard of it, I highly suggest you read it because it could happen to your child.

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...