Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So Long 20's

Hello 30's

Yes, officially today, I've reached my 30's. Honestly, (and I know you're all going to say it's no big deal) it sucks. I don't feel youthful anymore. I know it's just a number, but it does something to your psyche, at least my psyche. Being able to say I'm twenty-something meant I was still young and hip. I was a young Mom and had plenty of time with my kids. Especially Wesley. My goal has and will be to get him to a point where he can live as independent as possible and be able to take care of himself has lead me to forget myself. What happened to my 20's? Where did they go? My journey to Mommyhood started when I was 22. It took four years to reach the part where the journey took a different turn. Boy, did it certainly veer off course. My 20's were not my best years, but I'm going to miss them. Thirties brings about a certain responsibility that I'm not ready commit to even though I'm already in the thick of it.

Anyway, I'm trying to keep it like any other day because the thought of saying "I'm 30" scares the shit out of me.

7 comments:

Casdok said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about being 30 now. I'm scared too and am sure I'll be saying the same thing come April!! But look at all you've accomplished in your 20's! You have a beautiful family to show for it. =)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Jess!!!! from your old fogey friend in her 40's ;-)

sweetpeas said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday my friend!

It scares me too saying Im 30!

I already miss my twenties but just remember all the good things that will happen to us in our 30's! There has to be something right?

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!

I know you see me complaining a lot on my blog, but honestly, for me the 30s have been better than the 20s!

You'll be just fine :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
So, you think 30 is old? Wait until you reach your 50's. The stories you will be able to tell. I'm sure your friends would love to hear some of your growing up day's!! Your right though, it is only a number. With what you have accomplished in your 20's,the next ten will tell a whole new story, I am very proud of you and know Wes will have a bright and happy future.
Love you much
Mom in her 50 something!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are only as old as you feel. Make the most of your life and enjoy each moment with your family. It's ironic that when children are young they can't wait to be 16 so they can drive, and 18 so they can vote and be considered an adult, and 21 so that they can drink legally but then the older you get, you don't want to be that age anymore.
It's only a number. Enjoy life and make the most of it.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...