Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ah, boys

I strive to teach my boys manners and to be polite. Alas, sometimes, boys will simply be boys.

While Tim and I were discussing things, Wesley came up to me with his arms up. This certainly isn't new for me. Still carrying on our conversation, I picked him up and held him in a sort of wrestling maneuver called the pile driver. His legs were on my shoulder and his head was pointing down. Not thinking anything of it, I swung him around and placed him back on the ground. He was giggling at this point and put his arms up again. It wasn't until the third time I picked him up that I realized why he was in near hysterics with giggles. He was tooting (farting, puffing, whatever you want to call it) in my face. Not only was he tooting, but he was making himself toot in my face. Just to be sure, silly me picked him up again. This time, it made me crack up laughing. I could feel him pushing the air out of himself and his sweet little face was turning red.

You know, if he were a typical little boy, I'd be grossed out and tell him that wasn't polite to do that in my face. Of course I'd laugh later when he wasn't looking. Except this time, I laughed right along with him because Wes was just being a boy. And boys will be boys right?

2 comments:

Casdok said...

They certainly will!! :)

Jerry Grasso said...

What can I possibly comment about this posting?

That my neuro-typical daughter does the same?

Hmmmm

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...