Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Birthday Invites and Therapeutic Listening

Yesterday, when I picked up the mail, I noticed a blue envelope with no address on it in our mailbox. It looked like a birthday card envelope and it had 'Wesley' written across the front. I opened it up and realized Wesley had his first birthday invitation and it was from his friend Z! I was so excited for him! It's a carnival theme and I can't wait to take him! I'm going in knowing that we might have to leave before it ends. I don't want Wes to meltdown from overload and ruin the festivites. I'm anxious to really work with him in this social setting. I'm not bringing the tiny monster (A.K.A Casey) so it will give me a perfect opportunity. That in itself might cause some overload, but it's worth it for him to be included in this. Oh Happy Day!

We started the TL tonight. He seemed a bit figidy and every echolalic but it was our first night at home. We will be doing it twice a day for 30 minutes. So before breakfast and an hour before bed. He enjoys listening to the music and occasionally he'll giggle. I'm going to keep a seperate journal of his changes to keep track. I hope we have good results with this.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for always commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it. Who doesn't LOVE comments?

Have fun at the birthday party!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...