Thursday, November 1, 2007

Smart Little Bugger

As I've said before, Wes' obsession is Thomas the Train . He's been into trains for months and asks to watch Thomas whenever he can. Of course, we minimize how much he watches because he'd be zoned out there all day if I let him.

One late morning, when we got home from school, I pointed to the characters on his backpack and asked who each or them were. He labeled them each correctly with no hesitation. We have some die casts that we've collected from purchasing some Thomas movies and I held those out and asked who they were. Again, he labeled them correctly.

I shouldn't be surprised by this. The kid is like a sponge and soaks up everything he does. His uncle bought him his first Thomas train set for his birthday. He will be getting a train table from Santa this year so we can continue to add onto his train set. He spends lots of time sitting in front of the train and watching it go around and around. I know he's stimming, but I'd like to believe he's just actually excited by Thomas as the train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you google "thomas the train autism" you will see that many autistic children "connect" with Thomas. I'm not sure why, but the articles are VERY interesting.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...