Saturday, November 3, 2007

One week down, Many more to go

Wes' first week of school has come and gone. The crying has actually increased with drop off. The teacher said that he settles down very quickly after I've left. Is it me he's upset about? His aide has also said that circle time is getting better slowly. His first day, they let him slack a bit and didn't force him to sit at circle for very long. Each day, they made him sit longer and longer and well, that just wasn't going to happen for him. Eventually he gives in and sits with the other kids.

My favorite part...the art projects. They are so cute! He's painting, coloring, and gluing. I look forward to searching through his backpack to find all the little treasures he's brought him to me. I am so happy he's making an effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
One week down and Wes will grow to be a very happy child. School is the best place for him now. I know it's hard for you, but the outcome will be awsome for you all.
Hold onto the determination you have and you will be fine.
Love you
Mom

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...