Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Early Detection

World News Tonight on ABC did a piece on early detection of Autism. This is something I am really passionate about. If I have one regret in life, it's that I didn't trust my instincts and get Wesley help 6 months earlier. Instead, I put my faith and my trust into his pediatrician and listened to him instead. There is no excuse for why I didn't just listen to myself. Yes, I was a new mother and I didn't want to think there was anything wrong with my son. There was something wrong and I had worked with children for a long time before I became a mother. What's done is done and I can only move forward and push Wesley along with me.

Here is the link to the website. The video is called Early Detection of Autism.

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...