Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It Happened

It happened. It actually happened. I didn't think it would but it did. Let me paint a picture for you.

It was storming pretty bad last night. Thunder, lightening, and probably hail. Anyway, Tim and I finished watching a movie and I was getting ready to turn in. As usual, I check on the boys. I go into Casey's room and a loud clap of thunder sounds. He wakes up, sees me and starts crying. I lay him down, shush him and cover him back up. Then I head to Wes' room. I shine the flashlight in and see that he's okay, but there's an odor. One I recognize right away. I get a diaper and the wipes, take the blankets off him and see something on his face and ear. I know Tim gave him a bath before bed so what can that be? I look down at his hips and the diaper has been pushed down considerably. Uh oh! I ran into the hallway to turn on the light and realize that it's feces smeared on his face, as well as his back, belly and legs. OH MY GOD! Tim was in with Casey who was still screaming. I called him into Wes' room and told him to draw a bath and fast. At this point, the lightening was fierce and the thunder was loud and crackling. We were both nervous since there's a large window in our bathroom but I could not let the boy stay this way until morning. Tim quickly gave him a shower and scrubbed his entire body while I changed sheets. Then I realized that he got some on his blanket. The same one he will not go to sleep without. Fortunately, we have a spare. It happens to be the free blanket that the insurance company gives when a new baby becomes a member. This one is Casey's though. So we steal Casey's and give it to Wesley. Little did we know that Casey is just as attached to his as Wes is. Oh goodie. I brought Wes' downstairs to be washed which would take an hour at the least. Poor Casey cried and screamed for the entire hour until he got his blanket back. I tried rocking, a small bottle, even bringing him into our bed, but nothing worked until his blanket was back safely in his arms. Finally at around 11:30 all was quiet in our house and everyone was back to sleep. Everyone but me that is.

So I've learned my lesson well and the hard way. Wes will no longer be allowed to sleep in just his diaper and t-shirt. He will be forced to wear pj's year round until he's potty trained. I refuse to go through that again.

2 comments:

sweetpeas said...

Yep I went throut that once too! Not a fond memory. I put jammies on chase til this day. If I am in a good mood and it is warm I use big boy under wear over the diaper and it has worked for us!

It's potty training and 2 yr old boys FUN? Yeah I don't think so either.

Kel

Maddy said...

It's so exhausting! We're right there with you dearie.
Cheers

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...