Saturday, July 7, 2007

Bits and Pieces


I think I've mentioned before that Wes typically eats the crust off of sandwiches before eating the rest. Well, first it was only the crust off sandwiches, and then it was crust first. Today was something new.


Wes eats the same breakfast almost every morning. Save for the times we have pancakes, he eats Eggo Waffles just about every morning. We vary the flavor between blueberry, strawberry, and apple cinnamon. This morning was the middle of a blueberry round. Instead of eating it like toast, which is how he usually eats them, he broke off pieces of the Eggo and ate it that way. Seemed strange to me, but I'm glad he's experiementing.


For dinner (we cycle through the same meals at dinner time too) Wes had PB and Fluff (or marshmellow depending on how you call it). He picked off the crust and ate it. Again, he would bite off the crust and then eat the rest of the sandwich, but not tonight. I watched as he picked off the crust off of all 4 squares and leave the rest of the sandwich. I find it interesting. I have no idea why he's doing this but as long as he's still eating something I don't care.


I also got him to start eating apple sauce again. He went on a strike for awhile so I stopped offering it to him hoping he would start up again in a few months and sure enough. Every time he took a bite he would say "Mmmmm yummy". I got him to mimic me saying applesauce and when he did I told him he was a smart cookie. This resulted him repeating "Mmmm cookie". Of course he got a cookie for that!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I just love all the "strange" things our kids do!LOL! Cute picture :) Too!! I am happy to say that Nick is back to his normal eating again....YEA!!!

sweetpeas said...

All I could think of when I read "Mmmmm Cookie" was the cookie monster saying it!

Instead of "Kids say the darndest things" it should be "Kids do the darndest things".

He's a Cutie Pie!

Luv Kel

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...