Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Grace strikes again

I'm not sure what is going on with Wes the last month or so. He has been more clumsy then before. Walking into walls, falling down, tripping and lately, falling down the stairs. I feel like such a bad parent because of all the bruises and bumps this poor child has. I used to joke around and call him Grace before we knew about his diagnosis and why he was so awkward.

I discussed it with his OT and she thinks he might be going through a growth spurt and losing body awareness. He improved for a week or so, but he's back to being really clumsy. I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt or if he's just not paying attention.

Tim was walking behind Wes down the stairs on Monday when Wesley missed a step and came crashing down the last half of the stairs (it's only a couple of steps). He lunged for him, but couldn't grab ahold. I was sitting on the floor playing with Casey. The poor kid was more shocked than anything. I cuddled him, made sure nothing was broken and within 2 minutes he pushed away from me and went back to playing. He has such a high tolerance for pain that it scares me.

Today, while I was walking him down the stairs (holding his hand), he slipped and I had to pull him back up by his arm. This also scares me because he is hyperflexible and I worry about pulling his limbs from his sockets.

He is no longer allowed up or down the stairs unless one of us is with him. Occasionally, he would come downstairs alone if I was busy with Casey upstairs. We've now gated them at the top and bottom.

I'm just waiting for the call from Child Services accusing me of abuse.

1 comment:

sweetpeas said...

I will make sure to send Child Services your way when they are done investigating me for all my kids bumps and bruises! LOL!!!!!

We went throu a really rough patch with Carter when got his new leg. He was bumping, bruising, swelling and goose egging every day!

It will pass - :)
Luv Kel

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...