Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Those three beautiful words

He finally said those words to me. He told me he loved me. Well it was more like "I yuv you." but I'll take it. I have longed to hear those words from him. He looked me dead in the eye when he said it too. Albeit, he was repeating me, but he still said it and deep down in my heart, I know he meant it. I can't explain the feeling I had in my heart. It nearly burst in my chest with love for him. I could see in his eyes that he is glad I'm fighting for him and helping him emerge in our world. It was so much more then just "I love you". It was a thank you. For the first time, I actually felt that all I've been doing, all the fighting and the standing up meant something. It meant something to him. More and more he's coming into this strange and overwhelming world and he's okay with it. He's okay because Mom and Dad are holding his hand and will protect him at a moments notice.

Wesley had his evaluation today for Sensory Intergration Therapy. He's been put on a waiting list, but they don't think it will be too long because his schedule allows for mornings and most of the kids on the list go to school during the day. He loved the ball pit. We couldn't keep him out of it. He got right in the bean bin and I found lots of beans in his diaper when we got home.

It's funny because a year ago, we couldn't keep him off the swings at the park. When it was time to go, it would be battle royale to take him off and get him to the car. This year is different. He won't go near the swings. The OT who did Wes' evaluation for the SIT tried putting him on two different kinds of swings and he freaked out. He preferred the ball pit to anything else. Now, when we go to the park, he's all about the slides. What a difference a few months make.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference 3 words can make?

So happy for you!

sweetpeas said...

That is another reason we all want to be mother's, to hear our child say "I Love You" for the 1st time. It never gets old either. What could be better than that for Mother's day.

;)

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...