Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Fun in the Sun!



Today, the boys and I met one of my great friends and her two boys at a local park. It was a bit on the breezy side, but the boys (except Casey) were having a ball climbing up and down on the equipment. Wes was his normal (ha! Gotta laugh at that word) quirky self. He simply ran around the equipment and when he got tired of that, he piled heaps of pine bark on his lap. Unfortunately, he did get in trouble for throwing it a few times. An hour later, Kelli and I decided to pack up the kiddos and take them to lunch. We gave them a special treat at McDonalds. I was a bit nervous, I'll admit. I wasn't sure if Wesley would behave and sit while eating. He did so well. I actually forgot about the Autism for a moment and looked at him like a typical two year old. It was strange. It's been so long, even before the diagnosis, that I looked at him as typical. He was tired after we finished eating and became whiny, but that was it! No tantrums and no running off. It's no surprise that he ate his lunch since Auntie Kelli bought him chicken nuggets.

All in all, it was a great day and I can't wait to get together with Kelli, Chase and Carter (or Car Car for short). It will be a good learning experience for Wesley and with Chase and Carters' help, Wes will learn how to play with others and form lasting friendships with them.

2 comments:

sweetpeas said...

HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH YOU AND THE BOYS TODAY!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GO SWIMMING THIS SUMMER!

~KEL~

Maddy said...

well done all of you.
Best wishes

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...