Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Seeking something new

The summer hasn't even started yet and already I'm tired of schlepping the kids to the park. It seems like we've been to every park in the city a handful of times and it's so boring. It's probably not boring to Wesley because all he does is run around the play area and throw the bark mulch they've put down. I know it has to be boring for Casey because I'm either carrying him around or he's planted in the carriage. When I'm alone, that's all I can do with him. I need to keep my eye and be one step behind Wesley at all times. It's tiring.

There really isn't much else I can do with them except go for walks, but even that's going to get old fast. For anything else, it takes two sets of hands which I don't have. I've employed Tim's cousin this summer for a mothers helper. She's 15 and super excited to help out. She still has a month of school left. Then I'll be able to do so much more with them. We can go to the beach, to childrens museums, and to the pool.

There is no way I can take both boys to the pool by myself. Wesley has no fear about running into the water or taking off out of the pool area. I can't just leave Casey behind while I go chasing Wesley. Working around naps might be an issue, but we'll manage. I'm hoping that Casey will go on a two nap schedule soon.

Right now, road trips are all we can do to break up the day when Wes has no therapies. I hope there's plenty of road left that's close to home.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Are you not eligible for Respite care from the local authority or via the early intervention system from the school district?
Best wishes

Jessica said...

I'm sure we are, I am just nervous about who they send to help you out. I prefer leaving the boys with family members rather then strangers.

sweetpeas said...

I hear ya' Jess. Those thoughts have crossed my mind about who you are leaving your child with. They do offer a person to help you with both children so you wouldn't be= leaving either child with someone. You would be getting that extra set of hands you need. I hope that our Tuesday ritual helps break up the summer and bring some fun into our lives. I think between you and I and some good pre-planning we can make a lot of things happen. I would love to go to a museum or something other than the park. I think the park we are going to tomorrow will be fun for the boys and the baby. And I think it will be relaxing for us at the same time. WE SHALL SEE RIGHT? LOL

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...