Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Results are in

We took Wesley to see a geneticist about 3 weeks ago. We got the test results back and everything is normal. We were concerned about his bruising and clotting so we had those tested too while we were there. That came back normal too. He is just really hard on his body so he bruises a lot.

My biggest fear was Fragile X Syndrome . Wesley didn't have any of the physical markers, but it was still a possibility. That came back negative as well. Phew!

We still have not done the 24 hour urine collection. I'm not sure I still want to do it. I teeter back and forth with it. Why put him (and us) through that when he's making huge strides in his therapies. Maybe I'm just afraid of the possible results we'll get back. The container is still sitting on my counter and the lab paper is still on my fridge. Guess I'll have to make a decision soon.

3 comments:

Jerry Grasso said...

Sometimes, the unknown scares us more than the known. I know we wanted to know absolutely everything we could with Demetrius. Why wouldn't you, if you could. I hear ya!

Maddy said...

Yes I know what Jerry means. I just try and think 'label = services' though I don't know if that helps.
best wishes

April said...

Hey Jessica, I just wanted to stop in and say hi, its been about 6 weeks since I have last read your blogs, its been a crazy time around here, the end of the school year and all.

I've read through all your back blogs that I hadn't read yet and I am so glad to see that things are going better for you and Wes. He is taking some huge strides in everthing.

I know that you still have up and down days and that makes you frustrated as well, but isn't it great that the good is outnumbering the bad?

I hope all is well with both the boys and you and Tim and can't wait to hear how Casey's surgery goes. Keeping you all in our prayers. :)

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...