Saturday, June 2, 2007

The countdown



I have begun the countdown to Casey's surgery. We have just under 2 weeks to go. It sounds and feels weird, but I'm actually okay. I know that he is in good hands with his urologist, the hospital is one of the best and it's better to get this out of the way now then when he's older. Tim and I will be taking him while Wesley stays with my sister in law. She happens to be an OT and will be a huge benefit to Wes while we are gone. I know that she will do her best to keep him on his routine and not disrupt his world too much.

Casey's growing so fast before my eyes. It seems like years ago that I was bouncing on a yoga ball praying I would go into labor that night. He was so heavy and I was so uncomfortable. Not to mention it was 90 degrees with about 70% humidity for months. Now he's here and it's 9 months later. Nine Months! What happened? The saying "don't blink, or life will pass you by" hit the nail on the head. Sometimes, I regret being so wrapped up in Wesley. I feel that I've missed watching Casey grow. I didn't get the opportunity to nap with him in my bed. To take him to the park and let him enjoy the grass like Wesley did. It's hard taking them both out because I'm always chasing after Wes and poor Casey gets stuck in the carriage. He's almost ready to crawl. He gets his little bubble butt into the air and rocks back and forth on his hands and knees. It's really cute. I egg him on by putting his favorite toy just out of his reach. Hoping he'll move forward to get it. Almost! He has such a personality. Always smiling and looking for a laugh. He's not afraid to let me know he's mad either. The boy has a set of lungs like I've never heard.
Time surely flies by when you aren't looking. With the help of Tim's cousin this summer, I'll get the chance to experience the things with Casey that I've missed up until now.

2 comments:

sweetpeas said...

Im so glad that you are in good spirits about the surgery. I know that things will go great. The second child is always different. I too feel like I miss some things with Carter that I did with Chase. I think most parents with 2 children will agree - it is always different. You will be amazed at how well surgery and recovery goes. The anticipation to the surgery is always the worst....this is coming from an "expert" so to speak.
With all our love. Kel & Mike

April said...

I'm so glad the time is coming closer for you all, really close now compared to when you posted this blog. :) The worrying will be less and things will get better. I'm excited for you. I bet you are just overwhelmed right now.
I read the park blog and I have to give you huge hugs and big credit for being able to get out there and do the things that Wes deserves to do even though it makes you feel uncomfortable. Its true that not everyone understands and you will get funny looks, but those people are not important.
I will never forget the first time we took Becca out in public after she got out of the hospital. She had her wheelchair but wanted to walk around, she wasn't walking well at all at that point and we had 3 different people come up and ask us what was wrong with her. And so many funny looks. It breaks your heart because you know there is nothing you can do about it.
Hang in there!
I'm glad wes is coming so far, and just think, every day is a little closer to your goals.
We all miss you on group, but I can understand how busy you are.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...