Monday, May 28, 2007

Could it be true?

May be TMI, but hey, I'm still proud.

The other day while I was feeding the boys their lunch, Wesley exclaimed he was all done and got down. I was finishing up with Casey and they were both going to take a nap. Wesley came up beside me and said "I poopin". I looked at him puzzled by what he said. He even had the look he often gets when he has to go or is in the middle of going. Typically he runs and hides in another room in a corner or behind something. I thought I smelled something so I waited a few minutes and checked his diaper. Nope, nothing. Most likely gas. I chalked it up to echoing because I often will ask him when he gets that look.

Casey finishes eating and I check Wesley one more time. Still nothing. Oh well. At least he used a two word sentence. So off to bed they both go.

Wesley wakes up from his nap and the minute I walk into his room, I smell the funk. My goodness, HE WENT! No way! I was still skeptical because he is never really consistant as he used to be.

Wouldn't you know it, the other day, right after lunch, he stood in the living room and said "I poopin". I didn't believe him and told him it was time for nap. He gave me a bit of a fight and I figured he just didn't want to go. Being the consistent (and mean) mother that I am, I made him go anyway. Sure enough, after his nap, came the funky smell. He did it again!! Holy moly!

It's been a couple days (and a couple of funky diapers), but he hasn't said it again. Could this be the start of potty training? Is he really ready for it? Am I really ready for it? We have the potty so technically we're ready, but mentally, not so sure. For right now, we're playing it cool, letting him tell us that he's going or has to go before we go the sit down route. I honestly thought we'd be potty training the boys together.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Maybe he is ready!
Cheers

sweetpeas said...

That is how it starts girlfriend!!!!

I bet before summers end he will be peeing on that potty.

Maybe it is time to put the potty in the bathroom and when you or Tim go....let Wes sit on his potty too! That is how I started with Chase.

His progress is truely amazing. He is truely amazing!!!!
LOve Auntie Kelli

Amy said...

That is WONDERFUL news Jess!!! Good Job Wesley!!!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...