Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

I know, a day late and a dollar short!

We had a good easter. The boys didn't get a whole lot because neither of them "gets" what Easter is about. I bought the boys a toy they could each enjoy together and that's about it because we're on a really tight budget. The toy has a fan and it blows these plastic balls through a tube and out into the air. Then they go down a hole and around a slide and back into the toy itself. It's really cute. Wes is starting to enjoy it and Casey is starting to get used to the sound.
The boys got lots of clothes for summer, some diapers and formula which is fine with us!

It's hard not celebrating the holidays like I used to when I was little. Christmas has very little meaning to me because I can't enjoy watching the kids open their gifts. Yes, next year might be different with Casey, but it will still have no meaning for Wesley. I remember waking up and hunting for Easter Eggs before my sister got up. It was so much fun looking high and low for them and then enjoying the treats from our labor. Will Wes ever get to enjoy that too?

On Saturday, we took Wes to see Laurie Berkner! He had so much fun. I'm not sure if the whole reality of it got to him. He was very excited to hear her songs, but did he realize she was on stage singing or did he think he was just looking at a really big T.V.? Well it doesn't matter because he was such a great little boy! He sat nicely and was great the whole time. He fell asleep on the car ride home and we stopped at McDonalds for a special lunch. I was actually dreading the day in the back of my mind because I wasn't sure if he would be able to sit that long, but he did and I'd take him back in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

April said...

I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but sounds like you had fun anyways. :)

I was reading back over your last post and I didn't notice when I read it the first time that you were saying you are leaning towards not having anymore children. I understand how you feel on that on a certain level. After Rebecca's accident happened and we had all this drama going on with hospital stays and doctor visits and everything I was worried about how things with Gabriel would turn out. I thought do I really want to have another child that something like this could potentially happen to? I mean it was way to late to change my mind as he was born 3 weeks later but I was having them same feelings.

All I can say is that you were blessed with 2 beautiful little boys and who knows what the future has in store for all of you, but life is prescious and we just have to take it one day at a time and enjoy it for all its worth.

I feel really dumb but when I read your posts about all that is going on and it takes me back to August with Rebecca being paralized and I sit here and I cry. I think I held it all in way to long. I mean she's better now, she'll never be 100% but she at 70% and that is so great compared to where we were that I can't complain, but it just makes me sad and then to read about what you are going through too. Life really isnt' fair sometimes is it?

Ugh, and I am rambling. I better get off here.

Happy Easter! Even though I am late as well.

HUGS to you and them babies.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...