Monday, March 12, 2007

Ray of Sunshine

There are days when I am so frustrated with Wes and his lack of communication that I want to throw in the towel. I want to get in my car and race to the other side of the world where I'm not known. But how on earth can I leave my boys?

The days that Wesley is so loving and cuddly are the days I look forward to when things are rough. They don't come easily and some days they come few and far between, but then they happen..oh my goodness! My heart melts when he looks up at me and smiles with some recognition.

Tonight, he has learned to open the door to his room. He's in a toddler bed and has the freedom to get up if he needs to, not when he wants to. Well tonight, he got up and opened his door. I hear him at the top of the stairs saying "Hi!". I can't help but laugh because he's learned a new trick and those are just so precious to me. His sweet voice calling down to me to let me know he's Houdini. I climb the stairs and he runs back into his room and hops on his bed. A huge grin spread across his face, he bounces with delight. I'm not sure if it's because he's been caught or because I'm there, but I don't care.

Every happy moment he has is precious to me. It shows me that I'm doing a good job and I know he appreciates it. He may not be able to say it, but I know I am loved. He's free with the kisses which is one way I know for certain. There are times when he gives me the softest of kisses on my cheek. It's feather light and my favorite. I store those times in the back of my mind for the days that my car and a long drive seem so inviting.

1 comment:

sweetpeas said...

Jess - I am so happy to see that your last two blogs were filled with happy moments and smiles instead of tears. It is about time your hard work paid off. I know the road is tough but Wes is showing you the rewards you so definately deserve.

You can tell a good mother by the actions of her children.

Love Kel
PS I love to share motherhood with you, it has always been one of my favorite things about us, even the sad parts of motherhood.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...