Monday, January 19, 2009

What has happened to my child?

I don't know where the Wesley is that I've known. He seems to have disappeared and been replaced with a child who changes everyday. I'm loving this new Wesley, but with it comes new learning from us all. New learning on how to deal with all the changes he's making.

Tim and I took a much needed and much deserved night to ourselves. It was our anniversary and the boys grandparents offered to take them overnight. Casey has never slept overnight at any ones home, but he is comfortable there and loves going to visit so I knew everything would be just fine. Except for escaping the crib there too, the boys had a blast. Casey likes to pretend he's sleeping. He asks us to put this blanket over him and fake snores. He thinks he's hysterical. Wesley has been watching him and jumped on the floor and laid down on a pillow. He said "Help me please" wanting his blanket over him as well. Once the blanket was down, he closed his eyes and started to fake snore. What an accomplishment to mimic his brother and kind of make a funny.

While at the grandparents, Tim called to check on them and Wesley wanted to talk on the phone. Here's how the conversation went

Wes: Hi Daddy!

Tim: Hi Buddy!

Wes: (giggle) Hi Mama!

Me: Hi Angel!

Wes: (more giggling) Hi Daddy!

and on it went for almost 2 minutes, back and forth. Might not be much of a conversation, but he has to start somewhere!

Today, at lunch, I've been really trying not to give Wes any goldfish unless he earns them. That's all he will eat and all he'll ask for at lunch. Today was a yummy treat of peanut butter and fluf sandwich with some apple slices and some baby carrots. I got him to take a teeny tiny bite of apple and one carrot. He asked for some fish. I told him he could have fish if he ate his sandwich. I turned my back to help Casey and when I turned around, the sandwich was gone, in his mouth, and he was chewing it. Oh how motivating goldfish crackers are.

Leaps and bounds lately. Not sure what's happening or what is working but something is. We haven't changed a thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Jess! And I'm glad you and Tim took some time to yourselves to celebrate your anniversary!

Casdok said...

Some times its difficult to keep up!
Wonderful!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...