Monday, January 5, 2009

The escape of inmate 090206

He's gone and done it. I knew it was only a matter of time because this kid is part monkey. He will climb on just about anything. Now we can add climb out of to his list of tricks.

It was a peaceful nap time on a Sunday afternoon. Wes was busy playing a Nick Jr game on the computer as a reward for being well behaved. Suddenly, I heard Casey's white noise CD playing louder than it had earlier. I figured his door must have popped open because we didn't hear any other noise. It was 2pm and I figured he'd be up soon anyway. I debated on checking on him, but I didn't want to wake him if he was still sleeping so I didn't. Ten minutes later we hear the distinct noise of tiny feet running up and down the hallway. My first reaction was Oh crap!. The second was Oh great!. I made my way up the stairs and a tiny little faced peeked from around the corner at me. Hi Mama! was his reply. I knew that some damage had been done, I just had to find out where. Making my way to his bedroom, I found it. Every toy that child had in his room was strewn about on the floor. Every book lay in a heap in the middle with all his cars. Then I realized just how smart this little boy really is. Somehow, the side of the crib was left down and that's how he escaped. But before he made his way over the fence, he threw all his blankets and pillow on the floor to help break his fall.

Crafty little fellow.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahahaha .. got to love that boy!

Casdok said...

Crafty and clever!!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...