Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wes-isms

I've been keeping track of what I like to call Wes-isms. He's been using scripted phrases more and more lately. Most come from shows he likes and some come from music, specifically Laurie Berkner.

Let's do it. Break it down!
Translation: I want to get down.

He sure wants to get out of here.
Translation: I want to get out of here

Super Duper Computer!
Translation: I want to play on the computer

Change chairs to stairs
Translation: I'd like to go upstairs

Click, turn it on
Translation: Turn on/off the lights

One more stop on the train.
Translation: Stop annoying me / Stop what you're doing.

I find them interesting. I need to ask his teachers and the coordinator whether we should be correcting him with what he should say, or answer him by using what he should have said. We're proud because it's a good sign that he's trying to get across what he wants even if the sentences are incorrect.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I like the one more stop on the train...maybe I'll use that on my husband! LOL

Lisa said...

I'm interested to hear what his teachers will say about how you should respond. I would guess that it would be the latter, answering him with what he should have said rather than correcting. But of course, it really is just a guess!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...