Saturday, November 8, 2008

Childless

If only for the evening. Tim and I were invited to a small dinner party this evening with some friends. Both couples also have a child on the spectrum. I couldn't be more excited. While most of the conversation will probably be on our children (that can't be helped), it will be nice to be with adults only and relax. I also won't have to worry about who's getting into what, whether or not that breakable was broken by one of my own, and where the socks are that were not supposed to be removed. They get to spend some time having fun with the new sitter we found. Yes, that's right. We found a sitter and she's great! I still pinch myself about it.
We thought about bringing the boys along because they were invited. They are the youngest of the bunch. The other couple (that happens to be J, the one I praise for all her advice and help) won't be bringing their son, and suggested that we find a sitter so we can enjoy ourselves (I told you she had great advice). Tonight will be about adults, support, and friendship.

5 comments:

sweetpeas said...

Oh So Green with ENVY.

You Go Girl!!!

Casdok said...

Sounds wonderful! Hope you have a lovely time!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice evening. You could have brought the boys over to our house. We would have loved to have watched them. Jessica would have loved to have taken care of them too.
Diane

Lisa said...

I'm envious too! It's been years since my husband and I went anywhere together. I wish I was exaggerating.

Stephanie said...

That's soooo great!. We have yet to really get out with out our little man, with all his older sisters you'd think we'd have a babysitter easily, but that just isn't the case :-/ Note to self, someday find a sitter.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...