Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Cogs are turning

Wes has always been behind in his cognitive thinking and cognitive shifting. These are very hard areas for him, but he's made huge progress since he's started therapy and school.
When I picked him up from school the other day, his para couldn't wait to show me what he can do. She got his attention and asked him to name a shape, which he blurted out star after a 5 second delay. Then she asked him to name a color, which he immediately blurted out blue. Next, she asked him to name an animal and he said horse. I was jumping up and down with pride for him. The beaming light coming from his tiny face showed me that he was quite proud of himself too. C said "Wait, there's more!" She again asked him to name an animal and he said cow. She asked what does a cow say and he said mooo. Her next question was a cow is a.. and he said animal. Wow. That really is the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

That is AWESOME!!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh that's neat, Jess! Such great news and you must have just flipped out seeing it. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
That is awesome news. The shell around Wes seems to be cracking.

Love You
Mom

Jerry Grasso said...

What are you gonna do with a kid performing like this...I know, give him a great big hug and tell him good job (sugary sweets don't hurt either....if he can stomach 'em!).

Lisa said...

Way to go, Wes!!

sweetpeas said...

That is the best news I have heard in weeks! WAY TO GO WES! What a little smartie pants. He responds SO well to therapy. Keep up the good work all of you!

Casdok said...

And there was more! Wow! Very cool! You must be so proud.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...