Thursday, July 24, 2008

Computer Savvy - Take 2

This child is now becoming an aficionado with the home computer. Pretty soon, he'll bypass me in that department. He's taught himself the capabilities of the mouse. Moving the mouse moves the cursor and clicking the button brings you to somewhere new. He's been playing games on the computer for over a year now but could never get the hang of the mouse. Let me back up.

Not too long ago, I was in the kitchen making dinner and Wes wanted to watch Jack Johnson on youtube. At this point, I was under the impression that he still didn't understand the workings of the mouse. I heard the song coming to an end and told him I'd be there in a second to replay the song. The next thing I hear is the song replaying itself. Strange I thought but maybe there was some sort of glitch and I just let it replay. Song ends and starts to play again. Now I'm intrigued. As soon as I hear the end of the song, I sneak a peek through the doorway and wouldn't you know it! The little bugger moved the mouse up to the replay button and clicked. Needless to say I was amazed, but only for a short moment. Then I shook my head with a "figures".

He's moved on from using the mouse with youtube, to using it with games he's familiar with. He's even trying to navigate going to this favorites folder and making a selection. He's not familiar with that yet and here's an example of that.

I heard him banging on the keys and thought that maybe he was stuck on something or the pages wouldn't load so I went to check on him. I found him on Ebay bidding on a single engine airplane. An actually passenger airplane. It's time to put the child blocks in place.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

who says it was an accident ... you go Wes

Casdok said...

Wow! Very impressive! Its amazing what they can do when motivated!
Well done Wes!

Anonymous said...

how did the thomas weekend go was everyone healthy and having lots of fun

sweetpeas said...

can I just say how impressed I am with his computer skills. I think he needs to teach Chase a thing or two. Chase is struggling with the mouse and the concept. I should get Chase that learning laptop Wes has.

BRAVO Wes... maybe the next Bill Gates.... LOL

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...