Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mom and Dad's night out

Thank you to my father who was kind enough to find Tim and I four tickets to see our beloved Boston Red Sox. You always come through for us!

It was Mom and Dad's night out last night and we have been looking forward to this. Tim and I are devoted Red Sox Fans. If you don't know, it's not just about being a fan, it's about being a part of Red Sox Nation. The 39,928 seats that occupy the stands and the Green Monster are always filled. Sold out every year. These fans aren't just fans, they are family. They live, breath, eat, sleep, and die Red Sox. To be a part of that family, even if it's just once a year, is awesome. It's steeped in history from Ted Williams to Babe Ruth. The curse that lasted 84 years until our son was born in 2004 (hey, we can dream can't we?) named after the trade of Babe Ruth to the Spankee's. The Curse of the Bambino. For some, it's family tradition. They went as kids, and now they bring their kids. It's Bostons (New England's) playground. It's our Disney World and for some, it's their church. You'll never understand until you go to a game and see for yourself. It's like nothing you've ever seen before.

From the Fenway Franks to the near $7.00 beers, we'll go every year if we get the chance. It just doesn't get any better then that.

Go Sox!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. My grandmother died the year we broke the curse. She was totally demented, and in an ambulance as it wizzed by Fenway. In a moment of clarity asked if they had won that day. When they did win, we brought a penant flag to her grave site. Being a fan is inherited in your genes, not geography. My son will go for the first time next year, it is already a religion for him.

Lynn Stallworth said...

Yep, you Sox fans aren't to be messed with. You definitely have WAY more loyalty than the stinkin' Braves fans down here. I love a day at the ballpark myself. Fun, fun, fun! I can't wait for the day when we can take the boys!

Anonymous said...

I think that is great that you had such a fun night. It is important to have "me time", and time for a "date night". Sometimes the trouble can be leaving our kids behind, so good for you. Its so great that you have someone you trust to leave the kids with so you can have fun. I am still working on it. Keep having fun. Its good for all of you.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...