Friday, March 28, 2008

Kicking myself

We just had a meeting with our new coordinator of our local Family Support Services. Wes had respite care while he was in the birth to 3 program, but when he turned 3, someone dropped the ball and the services ended. So we are setting them up to start again. That is, until I found out that because Wes isn't on Medicaid, he could be denied respite services. The reason for that is because the respite will be state dollars and not paid through Medicaid. So okay, give me the forms and I'll fill them out! Then the coordinator asks us how much we pay for diapers and Wes' Pediasure. She let us in on a little secret. All that could be paid by Medicaid. HOLY COW! Are you kidding me? Why didn't someone let me in on this secret before? If it's one thing that kills us financially, it's diapers. Lots and lots of diapers. $37 a box every 2 weeks and that's just one kid! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but again double that up and add on another $37 a month for the Pediasure.

I was toying with the idea of Medicaid, but we have insurance, good insurance so I wasn't sure if we should. Well now we are! The coordinator is sending me the forms to fill out and I'll be doing it immediately. My plan is to make Wes sound as worse as possible without lying of course. We can use all the help we can get. He didn't qualify for SSI because we make too much annually. Damn government! I guess I feel better about taking the Medicaid since we got screwed with the SSI. Putting it that way makes me feel a whole lot better!

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Its so frustrating when people dont tell you these things sooner.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...