Friday, February 1, 2008

Update on parking

Shortly after I sent the email, I received a call from the principal. She called to apologize for how she approached the issue and she wasn't thinking it through. She said she should have called me instead of confronting me in front of other parents. I thanked her for her honesty and her apology. I explained further my issue with safety and how I am trying to get Wes on the bus (more on that). She said that would be the best avenue, but wanted to come to a solution because I still want to bring him in the morning. That will give me a chance to connect with his teachers and his aide to find out how he's doing and what he is working on. I explained that in our house, Wes' learning does not end because school has. We continue working with him on what he's learning at school at home. I think she was a little surprised by that. I explained that I want to be as much as a part of the team as all his teachers, therapists and aide.
Anyway, we came up with an agreement that we can all live with.

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...