Monday, February 11, 2008

PT , here we come

Wes was, as I figured, approved for physical therapy through the school district. Coincidentally, I was just going to ask at drop off tomorrow if the eval had been done yet. We are scheduled to meet on the 3rd to go over the evaluation with the PT and add it into Wes' IEP. I'm looking forward to what the PT has to say and what his goals will be for the boy. Honestly, I'm really not sure where he is in this area or what exactly will happen in PT. I know what he can and can't do, but I don't know where he is in terms of age range.

Today, in OT, Wes jumped without holding his therapists hands. They were standing on a blow up mattress and practicing jumping. She let go of his hands and asked him to jump and he did. The mattress gave him a little boost on getting his feet off the ground. When she asked him to jump off the mattress, he couldn't. He can get his heels off the floor, but that's it. I've been letting him jump on the couch while holding my hand. I can hear all those grandmothers out there gasping at the thought of letting a child jump on furniture. Well back off Grannie! No, I'm just kidding. It's good for the boy to practice jumping and learning to bend his legs and push off. I'm just so stinkin' proud of him!

3 comments:

AdventurerMom said...

cool! i can't wait to learn to jump...being 17 months and all.
nice blog!
come visit!

Casdok said...

Jumped without holding hands! Way to go Wes!!!

michele_k said...

That's great he can jump without holding hands. Think he'll go from jumping on the couch to the bed? I know J did...and hasn't stopped. But that's okay.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...