Friday, February 22, 2008

Might as well jump...and poop

This boy never stops shocking us. Just when we think he's at a plateau, he comes up with something new.

It's another snowy New England day and Wes loves to look out the window at the snow and watch the passing cars drive by our house. I'm not sure what possesed him to do it, but he turned around from the window, said jump, bent his knees like a frog and lept off the ground. Tim and I looked at eachother with "did he just do what I think he did" faces. I asked him to jump again for Momma and he repeated the process with a smile as wide as the Grand Canyon. Over and over he jumped while Tim and I cheered him on. He hasn't started physical therapy yet in school, but they still must have been working with him on this. I was still letting him jump on the couch while holding my hands. I guess it helped.

So fast forward to the bedtime routine. Wes always get's a bath before bed. It helps calm him down and organizes him so he can rest. Tim is usually the one who does this routine. Shortly after the bath started, Wes looked at Tim and said "Poop in bum". For months, I've been saying this when he has done that in his diaper. I make him look at me and repeat it. So, Tim grabs him out of the tub, checks his backside and sits him on the potty. Wes stayed there until he finished. Tim cleaned him up and put him back in the tub.

He's peed on the potty once. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose because he hasn't done it again since. This is his first time pooping on the potty. I'm still not 100% sure that he's ready to be potty trained, but I might start really trying this summer when it's easier to clean him up and he'll be wearing less clothes.

I'm so proud of my Super Star!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!!!!!
Stephanie

Casdok said...

Fantastic!! Well done Wes!

Maddy said...

Way to go!

When you have a free nano second, pop on over and collect your award [Saturday's date, second post]
Best wishes

Lynn Stallworth said...

BIG, HUGE, HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!! I'm so jealous! At the dev. pediatrician they gave me a sheet on potty training. I was like, "ummm, they're aren't even two yet and I wasn't even going attempt potty training until at least 2 1/2 BEFORE I even knew they were delayed. I know you're so happy! Way to go Wes!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...