Thursday, February 14, 2008

Contact made

Today, the kids in Wes' class exchanged valentines cards. No, I wasn't able to find Thomas cards in any stores. I did find some online, but didn't have enough time to order them. Instead we went with Silly Face Sticker valentines. You can create faces using stickers on blank faces. I thought the other kids would like the stickers and what 3 year old doesn't like being creative? I made sure to put our phone number on Z's card. Well guess what!? Mom called today! We have scheduled a play date for the Thursday of winter vacation. She sounded really happy about getting the boys together and I am too.

I'm not really sure how to host a playdate. We don't have many and we usually go to someone else house. I told her this was new for us and she said she understood. I don't drink coffee, so now I need to go get a small coffee pot incase she does. I didn't ask and I didn't want to seem like a putz for asking. I'm already planning a cleaning list in my head of what I need to clean the two days before our playdate. We aren't messy people, but I'm not a clean freak either. Except when company comes over. Then I scrub the floors, vacuum every rug and dust like a mad woman. I'm just so excited to connect with this mom and give Wes an opportunity to continue his socializing with Z outside of school. I'm going to talk to his teachers and see if they have any suggestions on how to make this a productive playdate for all.

2 comments:

Lynn Stallworth said...

I'm sure Wes will enjoy a playmate and I know you'll LOVE having another mom to be able to chat with. What I wouldn't do to find another mom around here that's going through my situation. A mom of twins with the same would probably make me dance around the house! Coffee and coffee cake would be great, maybe some fresh cut-up fruit. You're going to have a great time!

Casdok said...

That is excellent news!! Im sure it will be great!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...