Friday, November 23, 2007

Can I get a break here?

It has been a crazy, wild last two weeks or so. Between colds, family issues and teething, I need a vacation. Hurry up Vegas trip!

It was inevitable that Wes would get sick within the first couple of weeks of school. Sure enough, his nose was running, coughing, and fever. I even had to give him a nebulizer treatment which I haven't had to do in a long time. It was not fun. He fought me the entire time. I felt so bad having to pin him to the floor to get the medicine in him, but it was for his own good. We did a lot of cuddling and rocking after. That always seems to calm him down and mellow him out.

After that was Casey. What I thought was the cold being passed around was a molar coming in. Poor baby. He still only has the same 6 teeth in the front he's had for the last 5 months. Then a tricky molar had to pop through. He had been so miserable. Not sleeping well, drooling like a waterfall and had a diaper rash that I have never seen before as a mother. It was so red and raw. We tried every at home remedy I could find. From cornstarch to mylanta (yup, that's right.) nothing worked. Finally, Tim found this great Triple Paste diaper rash cream and it cleared up in 24 hours.

Then it was on to me. I figured I was blessed with Wes' cold, but mine was worse. Hacking cough, possible strep throat and just achy all over. Nothing a little antibiotic can't fix. I'm still waiting to feel better.

So, now our trip to Vegas. It's not until April, but I'm already planning in my head. Tim has a conference out there for work so I'm tagging along. The kids will be staying with my parents (as long as they don't back out). Basically, my planning is on sleep. I'm going to catch up on the last 3 years worth of lost sleep. I don't care if I leave the room until noon each day. I'm going to enjoy no whining, no crying, no screaming, no tantrums, and no being tugged in every direction. I do plan on doing some site seeing. I can't wait to see the Venetian and New York, NY. Those are top on my list of places to see. They might be the closest I come to those places until the kids are out of the house. So now the countdown for that begins!

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...