Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tell your story walkin'

Casey has become an official walker. Well, mostly. He starts off walking and if he loses his balance, finishes crawling. I forgot how cute those first time walkers are. All stiff and Frankensteinish. The look on his face is priceless. It's determination with a hint of pride. He hasn't figured out how to get himself up from the middle of the floor, but it won't be long.

I knew this day would come, and fast. Now my worry is, who do I chase after first? Do I get Casey because he's easier or do I chase Wes because he's faster? One day they'll both be going in separate directions and then I'm in trouble. I don't take them to places where they can get hurt alone. If we go to the parks, they are far enough away from the roads and typically fenced in so I'm pretty safe there. But my day will come.

He has really been babbling a lot lately too. They aren't actual words but lots of vowels and consonances. He can carry on a lengthy conversation about nothing. He talks to toys, stuffed animals and his blanket. The only words he has with meaning are "uh oh" (if that's a word) and "get down". I say that one about a million times a day. The boy loves to climb! I can't wait to hear him talk. It's something I didn't get to experience the first time around. I still worry because, well simply, I'm Mom and I can. I am trying real hard not to read all those websites about child development so I don't put unnecessary worry onto him. He is doing lots of things Wes never did (until now) so I'm happy with that. One day at a time. That's my motto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I think you were born with eyes in the back of your head. You are doing the greatest job with the boy's and I am so very proud of you. Wess will be a very warm and caring young man and Casey will be the one who turns your hair gray. He will keep you running!!!!

Love you:)
Mom

sweetpeas said...

Im so tickled pink for you and your new adventures with Casey. I know how you feel I am running after 2 boys as well! I wish all this running would take off a few pounds! LMAO
Miss you and Love you very much,
KelliAnn

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...