Sunday, August 5, 2007

One of the best days!

We had one of the best days yet with Wesley. Of course there are good days, but this just topped them all.
It was a beautiful sunny and warm day so that means out of the house as much as possible. Our plans were to head to a resort area and go swimming with the kids. After Casey's nap, we packed up and headed out. It took about 45 minutes or so to get there and the kids were so good in the back seat. Wes was singing and Casey was screeching like a mad man. He loves the windows down and the wind whipping his hair. It cracks us up. We got there a little after 11 am so we decided to do lunch first and get that out of the way. Casey ate like we have never fed him before and Wes gobbled down the fries of course. Then we walked the Board Walk and headed to the beach. I wasn't sure how Wes would do. He's been better around the water, but still skiddish at first. He sat on the waterline and played with the mud as usual. Tim grabbed him him and carried him into the water. He didn't really like it, but sometimes you just have to force him and he realizes it's better then he thought. Tim and I switched kids and I played with Wes. I dunked him down into the water to his shoulders and quickly brought him back up. He laughed and asked for more. Each time I left him in the water a little longer until I got him to stand on his own. I knelt down in front of him and we played. The waves kept knocking me over and I was worried about Wes doing the same. We inched closer to the shore so I could sit down with my head above water. He did so great! He floated while I held him and jumped up and down. I was shocked. He plays like this in the tub, but his bottom always touches. He was taking risks and putting his trust in me to keep him safe. My heart just swelled with love and pride.
So like I said, it was one of the best days I've ever had with my son. I enjoy these times where we connect on a mother and son level. This is what it's supposed to be like.

1 comment:

April said...

That is great! I'm glad things seem to be getting better for you all.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...