Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mommy's Triumph

I haven't taken a shower without someone else home or without the kids in bed since Wesley was born. I've always been too nervous. Wes, of course, isn't a typical child that you can just plop in front of the 'ol t.v. and know that he's okay for at least 10 minutes. Of course Casey is way to young to be left in the living room while I shower. Our bathroom is on the second floor and not within ear shot.

Well today, I did it. I put Casey down for a nap, let Wes watch a Thomas the Train video and I actually took a shower. I made sure to put the gate up between the living room and dining room so he couldn't wander the house. It was the fastest shower I've ever taken, but I'm sure I'm clean. I finished just in time to hear "Milk!" being yelled into the kitchen. I guess he thought I was in there. He was surprised to see me coming down the stairs. He gets so entranced when he watches Thomas. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Anyway, I did it and it actually felt good. I won't do it all the time because I've become accustomed to showering at night or first thing before Tim leaves for work. It's nice to know that I can trust him enough to not burn the house down.

2 comments:

April said...

its a great feeling isn't it?

sweetpeas said...

Let's not have another trip from the Fire Department....No Fires please!!!! :)

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...