Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Bully

More and more each day, we can see that Casey has a very distinct personality. He wants what he wants when he wants it and he just won't wait. He's a smart little guy with a bit of a mischievous side. Well more then just a bit. He's a full on bully. Especially to Wes. Whatever Wes has, Casey wants. He will crawl right up, pull himself up on the sofa and grab whatever is in Wes' hands without even blinking an eye. I am constantly changing hats from Mom to Referee. I should just leave the Ref hat on since it's on more often then not.
Today was a new high. I went from bewildered, to shock, and then hysterical laughter. Casey believes that Wes' cups are his cups. Wes just uses them. If a cup is left on the kid table or anywhere within Casey's reach, it's up for grabs. This morning, Wes put his cup on the kid table and sat on the sofa. This was an open invite to Casey. He immediately crawled over to the table to retrieve his property. Wes saw this, climbed off the sofa and beat Casey to the punch. This did not make him happy. He literally followed Wes around the living room with his head down in a charge position on all fours while this banshee like scream emanated from his tiny mouth. Wes went left, Casey followed. Wes went right, Casey swerved like a pro. I couldn't believe my eyes. He was hunting Wes down for taking "his" cup. After 30-40 seconds (and after the laughter kicked in) I picked up Casey and distracted him with a toy. It was, by far, the funniest thing I have ever witnessed my child doing.

And I thought Wes was giving me a run for my money..

3 comments:

sweetpeas said...

That is hysterical and I can totally picture Casey screaming like a Banchee....What a site to see! MR. Bully likes to take Binky's from Carter too... LOL
Auntie Kelli

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Casey is the typical second child. Everything that is within reach is his. He is beginning to show his independence and everything in his space is up for grabs. He is exploring his world. He'll be walking soon and there will be no holding him back! You have two wonderful little boys.

April said...

sounds like he's growing up. :)
the joys of having 2 kids huh?
I"m glad things are going so well still. things just seem to get better and better every time I check in here. Or maybe you are just learning to cope better? Its had to have been a hard adjustment this last year, but you are doing great!
hugs!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...