Monday, March 19, 2007

Sleep is overrated

Sleep is a word that is slowly leaving our vocabulary. It used to be something I loved, treasured in fact. Now, I have no idea what it's like. I'm slowly getting used to sleep deprivation and managing on very little.

Casey has only slept through the night, minus the car seat, a handful of times. Especially now since he rolls over from back to belly. If he falls asleep this way, he is sure to wake up and cry. Sometimes he's waking up to cry for no reason and multiple times. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I am getting so frustrated with him, but I don't want to let him cry because I feel bad that he's going to wake up Wes and then I'll have two crying kids on my hand.

I'm noticing that naps for Wes are becoming a thing of the past. I have dreaded this day like no other. I look forward and relish my quiet two hours in the afternoon. I've finally got Casey to nap at the same time so that I really have peace and quiet. Wes is rebelling and I don't like it. I plan on making this time a quiet time for him in his room. If he chooses to sleep, great. If not, then he must play quietly. The problem with this is that by 5pm, he is a monster and so hard to deal with. The tantrums become worse. When I say worse, I mean throw anything in his hands at me, throw himself on the floor and scream like I'm hurting him. It goes right through my bones and pierces my ears. Then Casey starts because he thinks that if Wes is crying, something must be wrong so he better cry too. I feel myself start to lose my cool and I'm begging for Tim to walk through the door any minute.

I need sleep!

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...