Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Did he do what I think he did?

Today I had to take Casey to his urology appointment. Casey was born with Hydronepherosis which is a dilation of the kidney. His is severe but we have since ruled out reflux and a blockage. Today was just an update to monitor the fluid. The urologist said she couldn't be 100% sure that the fluid hasn't increased or that his kidney is just getting bigger. She would need to check with the surgeons to be sure and she has to run it by them anyway. She said if we don't hear from her next week, it's good news and to come back in 3 months. If we do hear from her, it's not good news and my baby will need surgery. Can I catch a break please!?!? Or maybe not to selfish, can my children catch a break?

When I got home with Case (my nickname for him, not a misspell honey), I put him down for nap because he was overdue and fell asleep in the car on the ride home. Tim was upstairs getting ready for work and I asked him to please bring the baby monitor downstairs when he was done. He said okay. I heard footsteps in the hallway and then on the stairs and thought he was bringing it down right away. A few minutes later, Tim called down and asked if I came up for the monitor. I told him no, but it was right on the coffee table. I told him I thought he had brought it down when I asked and he said he didn't. The only story we can come up with is Wesley. He must have heard me ask, went into our bedroom, unplugged the monitor and brought it downstairs. Since neither of us did it, we assumed it was Wes. I am in total disbelief. I wanted to test this theory of his listening. When he got up from nap, I handed him his dirty diaper and told him to put it in the trash. He grabbed it from me, ran into the kitchen and threw it in the barrel. I praised him up and down and he got a cookie for following directions.

Is this my kid? Is this my child that I thought wasn't listening and in his own world? Is he realizing that our world is just as cool as his and wanting to be apart of it? I am still shocked and will remain that way until this becomes a usual occurrence. Of course, I'm not putting much stock into it because today was a really great day behavior wise. He has been pushing in his chair when we ask him to. Even coming back into the room when we remind him.

Somebody pinch me!

2 comments:

sweetpeas said...

PINCH.....

Tee Hee....

April said...

Pinch!

That is great that he is hearing what you are saying and following through with it. And he's really listening well if he is doing things he hears that you are asking others to do, not just what is focused at him.

Awesome!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...