Thursday, October 16, 2008

Go Ahead, Make my day

When I picked up Wes from his regular school day, I was called back in because the autism coordinator wanted to talk to me. I assumed it was because of Wes' potty training (more on that in a minute).
I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room to "Wes is my star student this month! He is doing son wonderfully and I can't wait for you to read my report. He's doing much better then I had anticipated and I couldn't be more pleased!".

Wow! That put a huge smile on my face and filled my heart with pride. I knew he had been working so hard and his teachers and therapists have been working him hard. I can't wait to read the report and I'll be sure to share once I do.

As for the potty training, we're going to stop for a month or two and regroup with the coordinator and his assistant. He seems to think that Wes has gotten into the routine of sitting on the potty, getting off, and eliminating in his diaper. Makes some sense to me so I'm going to go with it. We'll set up a meeting most likely after the holidays to come up with a new game plan. I just hope it works.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

I have a huge smile on my face too!
Well done Wes!!!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...