Thursday, August 21, 2008

I won!!

After pushing, pleading my case, and more pushing as nicely as I could, I won! Wes will have the same para-professional that he did last year. One constant in the next turbulent month. One familiar face, familiar demeanor and familiar love. I won a battle that is part the special education war. I feel triumphant! Wes' para-pro, C, has been wonderful. I really can't say enough about her. She knows exactly how much she can push Wes to get him to achieve his next goal. She knows that if she pushes just a little more then he wants to tolerate, he'll come out on the other side better then he was. I trust her. She taught Wes how to jump in a matter of two weeks, where I had no luck for months. She also taught him to use a big kid swing, where again, not me. Honestly, I don't think I could handle this year without her. Next year, I'll have to swallow hard and step aside for a new para-pro, I know this. But I'm not going to think about that right now. Right now, I won!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...