Thursday, July 3, 2008

Second Session

Wes had his second session of Cranial Sacral therapy. I'm still unsure exactly what it is, but it certainly is interesting. His first session did not go as well as the second. He didn't want to be touched at all and nothing was distracting him. He didn't want to read M's (the therapist) books or play with her toys. He just wanted away from M and tried to escape the room a few times. The second time around, I screwed on my Mommy Brain and brought his MP3 player, blanket, lap top toy, and a couple of our books. He was more relaxed and allowed M to do her thing. She said she felt quite a few 'hot spots', whatever that is. She also worked a lot on his stomach area and said she felt some back up in his intestines which could mean constipation. I told her that after the first session, he was pooping two times a day which is not normal for Wes. We even forgot to mix in his Miralax a couple of days and he was still going twice a day. Her work made him super gassy and I was a little bit embarrassed. M didn't seem to care.
At the end of the session, Wes had had enough and was starting to kick and hit M. I tried my best to control his aggression, but I knew he wasn't going to stop. He had reached his threshold so we ended a bit early.
M really thinks this is going to work for him. I wish I knew how or why but I just can't seem to grasp what it is she's releasing. My wonderful mother-in-law has done or is doing cranial sacral and she swears by it. Wes' aide in school does it too and she loves it. Both have had some amazing results health wise so I guess we'll see!
I'll be sure to update again after a few more sessions.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

How do I find one in our area? Do they have a society or association (website)?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is going well. I don't know how it works, I just know that it does work. It is well worth the time. My migraines have been so much less severe since I started getting treatments. I hope that you see success with Wes.
Diane

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...