Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's Happenin?!

I need to be better at blogging. I've been so busy lately, Wes is on vacation this week and Tim and I are getting ready for our trip to Vegas.

Oh, did I forget to mention that? Oh yeah, we're off to Vegas for 4 nights. Tim has a work conference and I'm tagging along. The boys will be staying at our house with my mom and my mother-in-law will be helping out in the evenings. We wanted Wes to be in his home because he'll be back at school and the more his routine stays the same, the better. This is really hard for me. I haven't really been away from him since I had Casey a year and a half ago and even then, I pretty much saw him every day. Otherwise, it was one night here or there. This time, I'm across the country and a 5+ hour plan ride away! Needless to say, I'm very anxious for many reasons. These thoughts keep going through my head and they make me more anxious. All the what ifs that plague me on a daily basis. I know the kids will be fine and they will have a ball with the Grandmothers, but... There's always a but.

Wes has gone to two birthday parties. Z's party was a big hit with him. He did a lot of running and scripting, but I managed to facilitate a good amount of play. The theme was Carnival and they had lots of cute carnival games, face painting, and balloon hats. Wes even ate a cupcake without the frosting! The second party was a flop. Tim took him to that one and he said no one really even noticed he was there. It was a combo party for both the little girl in his class and her big sister. They had a bounce house and some treats. Wes really enjoyed the bounce house. No one greeted him or even bothered to include him in anything. How disappointing. There will be other birthdays and even his own to look forward to.

Casey is going through that word explosion and boy is it amazing. Occasionally, I feel sad that we missed this with Wesley, but it's more important to enjoy it with Casey then dwell on what could have been. Just the other day, Casey pointed up the stairs towards the bedrooms and said "bwanet". I had no idea what that was until he pointed to Wes with his blanket and it hit me. It was the cutest thing. He's labeling everything and so inquisitive. It's such a precious time for me and I'm soaking it all in. He's still in the throes of the terrible two's. He really is exerting his independence and while I'm all for him doing things on his own, it comes at the most inopportune times. Ah, the joys of parenting.

Wes was approved for the summer program at school and will be going three times a week for 6 weeks, 2 hours a day. We knew he would from the beginning. I had a talk with his teachers and the preschool coordinator and told them I need more communication. The teacher has been writing in his book maybe once a month or even two months. No one really discusses things with me and some mornings, I feel pushed out the door. I'm going to come up with a checklist (I'll be contacting you for help on this J) so it's easier for them to let me know what his days are like and what he's currently working on. I want to be a part of his team as much as possible.

So that's all from this side of the street. I will surely post when we get back from our trip.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

You have been busy!
Hope all goes well with your trip and you have the best time!

sweetpeas said...

Im so Jealous 4 nights with no children! Wow! I hope you come back refreshed and reguevenated! Enjoy!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...