Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Autism Awareness

April is Autism Awareness Month. It's the perfect time to spread the word about autism and the special little people in our lives. We have ordered wrist bands from our local chapter of the Autism Society. We plan on passing them out to our friends and relatives to wear proudly. Tim and I already wear our pins and Tim wears the t-shirts we bought last year, plus we each have the car magnets on our cars. I don't keep Wes' autism a secret. Sometimes when strangers try to talk to him and he's off in his own world, I tell them. Whether they know what it is or not, he's part of our society so they're going to have to accept him.

I'll try to blog more about autism and autism awareness this week.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Good for you! :)

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...