Friday, March 7, 2008

Exceptional Peepers!

Boy was that appointment stressful, yesterday! The new optometrist was super nice, but his office was like visiting 1950. It was very small and located in an old house. The parking was just a driveway. Anyway, there was no updated equipment and no where to put Casey while the appointment was going on. I could feel my blood pressure rising with each passing minute. Casey was crying and squirming because he wanted to get down and Wes wouldn't sit longer then 30 seconds in the chair. Finally the doctor put on a slide show with pictures of Disney World from what looked like 1970. They were orangish in color from fading and the people looked like hippies on the pictures. Oh boy.
After about 5 minutes of the doctor trying to get Wes to identify some black and white pictures, it hit me. Uh, the boy knows his letters and numbers. DUH! Immediately, Wes recognized the letters and at one point was reading them from the 20/25 line! Holy Cow! How on earth did we get a child who had such vision? Even with covering one of his eyes, he could still read the lines.
So needless to say, there is nothing wrong with them. The doctor did notice a slight turn on two occasions, but told me it's nothing to be concerned with and to get him to look to the left to correct the alignment when the eye starts to turn in.
He also briefly checked Casey's and said his was fine as well. Now that that's over with..

3 comments:

Casdok said...

That is great news! :)

Lynn Stallworth said...

Good news with your kiddos! Wow, that dr. kinda got stuck in the '70's or something. It sounds like he stole our family picures from my first trip to Disney!

michele_k said...

I'm sorry the appointment was difficult for the boys but they got through it and Wes has good eye sight. Yay! Casey as well. Another Yay!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...