Friday, March 21, 2008

The Change Up

I sat down last night with a very good friend who I consider to be my 'Super Woman'. I met her through our school districts support group. She has been so helpful to me since then. She continued that streak last night.

I wanted to pick her brain about Wes' medical issues and where I should go. I have been looking for a special needs pediatrician to help me navigate the crap that is autism. His current pediatrician is a waste of my time and keeps dismissing me and my concerns about Wes. His nutrition is horrible, he's having some bowel issues and the dreaded feeding issues. All of which I'm am being told he's fine and I worry too much. I need someone to tell me where I can go to figure out his issues. Kind of like 'what next?'.

J gave me a whole slue of names and numbers to help me on my journey. I've contacted a nutritionist, a gastroenterologist, and transferred the boys to a new pediatrician that she recommended. I'm feeling really good about all of this and I'm looking forward to solving more issues I know Wes has.

I can't thank you enough J. I just hope I can be of help to someone as you are to me. I'm going to make you a cape someday.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

How wonderful to have such a good friend. Glad you have been pointed in the right direction, as these issues do need to be sorted.
Fingers crossed for you and Wes.

Amy said...

I am so glad you are getting more help for Wes! I took Nick to a gastro who said "He can't be allergic to anything-he is not showing any signs" After I told him that Nick's bm's were mush 90% of the time(he said that was Normal...WTF?) Our nutritionist was also a waste of time. The so called "feeding therapist" was a joke. SHe first asked "what does he eat?" to which I replied "Nothing but babyfood". She then proceeded to ask if he liked hot dogs??!! Ummm, NOOOO!

P.S. How do I collect my award?? Thank you very much!!

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...