Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bits and pieces

I don't really have a whole lot to post about, but I wanted to post something so here are some bits and pieces.

Wes is doing awesome on the bus. Granted he's only had 2 opportunities because Mother Nature is rearing her ugly head and keeping a firm hold onto winter. He got right on the bus, sat in the seat and willingly got into the harness. He sat quietly and looked out the window. Our house is about 2 minutes from the school. Seriously. I'm not surprised he did well. He was actually asking for the bus on Monday. All good signs. The first day Wes came home on the bus, I thought Casey was going to...well I'd say pee his pants, but he does that already. He was delighted to see his brother home and did his happy dance. Then proceeded to kiss him even though Wes was pushing him away.

I'm still experiencing being a first time mom again. Casey has been bringing me books to read when we're home together. We climb up on the couch, get comfy and dive right into the book. That is right up my alley. When I'm finished reading, it's his turn to read to me. It's, of course, jibberish but I love it with all my heart. My boys are book readers. Who could ask for more? He's also following directions well. Of course he still doesn't come to you when you ask him to, but hey, what child does? His language is coming along slowly. I'm only slightly worrying. He is a typical boy.

Wes' class is having a Valentines Day party and they are passing out Valentines. It's my mission this weekend to find Thomas the Train Valentines. I will go to every store in this and the neighboring cities until I find them. I'm going to send a little note home to Z's mom mentioning a play date again. February vacation is coming up real soon so it would be a perfect time. I figure, why not be pushy. I don't have to see her at pick up anymore so if she thinks I'm annoying, oh well. I just want my son to have friends!

So that's about all. I need Spring to come real soon. I am itching to get the kids outside and to the playground. Casey was crawling the last time the warm air graced us with it's presence. I keep daydreaming about chasing the boys around and staying out until it's time for dinner. Ah, those are the days!

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Glad to hear the bus went well.
And i do so love happy dances!!

michele_k said...

That's great Wes is doing so well on the bus. Here's to many more good bus rides.

J loves books, but only certain kinds. Like the real thick ones from the public library that takes him the whole three weeks to read through, to the best of his ability.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...