Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the Award goes to..


I wanted to pass this award off to some amazing Mom's I know and hold dear. I relate to each of them in my own way and I want to make sure that they know how wonderful and inspiring they are.


Amy from A Day in the Life (An Autism Journey) for this post. I think every parent who has a special needs child has a day or even days like that. I certainly have my fair share. The ups and downs of daily life with an autistic child make you question a lot.


Next, to my wonderful best friend Kelli over at Life with my Boys. She has a truly remarkable little boy who amazes everyone he meets. He's overcome so much in his young life, yet still has a smile that could melt an ice burg. The post here brought tears to my eyes. She knows what the stares and under breath comments are all about. We never imagined how our similarities would continue after we had our babies. I love you Kel!


And to Peggy at Lucky Number 7 for her recent post here. Another amazing mother on a journey that she never expected. It bugs me when people say "Oh, I'm sorry" when I tell them that Wes has autism. C is a beautiful little girl with amazing eyes and an even more amazing smile. I feel so fortunate to know her even if it's through a computer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, congrats on your blog award! I took a look at the wonderful folks who you passed it on to. I also sent an email to your friend Kelli. I can truly understand what she and her son are going and will go through.
Stephanie

Peggy said...

Taking a bow... Thanks for the award. Glad you liked my piece but so sad we always have the need to vent over something that should be a non issue. When will people figure it out.

sweetpeas said...

Jess, Im so touched by the things you said in your blog. The journey we have gone through together has been a rough one but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Having such a strong friend like you has made me a better mom and person. I gracefully aceept my blog award with tears in my eyes!!! To many years of friendship and motherhood, I love you Jess.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...