Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sharing is caring

I think Wes has finally accepted that his baby brother is here to stay. It only took 15 months, but who's counting. He has been so loving and attentive to him. If he knocks him down, he will stop, turn around and give him a kiss on the head. He's more apt to play with a toy with him as well. The biggest thing is he is sharing his toys. If Wes has something that he knows Casey wants, when he's done, he will walk over to Casey and hand it to him. It's the sweetest thing! Of course, then he comes running to me for praise which I lay on thick.

It was one of my fantasies before the bomb drop of Autism. That my kids would play together, share and grow up as good friends. I never fully gave up the dream, but knew it would be slightly different than what I had always imagined. It changed to Casey growing up and being his brothers protector. I still think that will happen, but now I see that they will both protect each other.

I am blessed to have my children.

1 comment:

sweetpeas said...

Never give up on your dreams even though things might not be what you thought they would, your dreams will still come true.

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...